X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richardfinegold
    • Sep 2012

Gramophone Question

I assume the mails must be a mess due to COVID, but Gramophone has just sent me two issues in two days. Today’s arrival has Barbirolli on the cover, yesterday it was Simon Callow and Rattle. Not sure which is latest published...
  • Pulcinella
    Host
    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
    I assume the mails must be a mess due to COVID, but Gramophone has just sent me two issues in two days. Today’s arrival has Barbirolli on the cover, yesterday it was Simon Callow and Rattle. Not sure which is latest published...
    Richard
    Does the American edition (if it is such) not have the month printed on the cover (top right) and indeed on the spine?
    Barbirolli is July 2020
    Callow and Rattle is September 2020

So you might still be missing the August 2020 issue, which has 'Music at home' as the cover.

My partner subscribed to The Beano for his godson's son in Melbourne: they too have been disrupted, but we were delighted to get a video of the little lad's reaction when he came home to find four of them on one day: FOUR BEANO COMICS, he exclaimed!!! He's been very good at pacing himself through them, apparently.

Comment

• richardfinegold
      • Sep 2012

You are right, don’t believe I’ve seen the August edition. I didn’t have Simonx2 version with at the time of the post and thanks to you now realize that I am missing an issue...

Comment

• Pulcinella
        Host
        • Feb 2014

Perhaps time for a digital subscription (I assume available worldwide)?

The covers of the printed magazine are on show here:

Gramophone was established in 1923 and is the world's leading classical music magazine

Comment

• richardfinegold
          • Sep 2012

I hate digital magazines as a rule, although I subscribe to many for the cost savings. I have reserved Gramophone reading for those times when I don’t wish to be anywhere near a computer or tablet.

Comment

• silvestrione
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
            Richard
            Does the American edition (if it is such) not have the month printed on the cover (top right) and indeed on the spine?
            Barbirolli is July 2020
            Callow and Rattle is September 2020

So you might still be missing the August 2020 issue, which has 'Music at home' as the cover.

My partner subscribed to The Beano for his godson's son in Melbourne: they too have been disrupted, but we were delighted to get a video of the little lad's reaction when he came home to find four of them on one day: FOUR BEANO COMICS, he exclaimed!!! He's been very good at pacing himself through them, apparently.
            Lovely story! Thanks.

Comment

• Pulcinella
              Host
              • Feb 2014

Originally posted by silvestrione View Post
              Lovely story! Thanks.

The Beano subscription arose because his dad used to get Private Eye from my partner, but the little lad got a bit too inquisitive about the covers, so Beano (in the lad's name; who when they're little doesn't like getting something like that addressed personally through the post?) was chosen as a safer option, and one in which father and son could both delight.

Comment

Working...
              X