Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nicola Heywood-Thomas

So sorry to hear of this. Certainly one of the pleasantest and most informative voices on radio. My thoughts are with her friends and relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by smittims View Post
      So sorry to hear of this. Certainly one of the pleasantest and most informative voices on radio. My thoughts are with her friends and relatives.
      Terrible news, agree with the sentiments above

Comment

Originally posted by smittims View Post
        "Old school", quiet-mannered, not a whisper of her illness that I heard - and for such a personality there has been impressively - and deservedly - wide coverage of her passing
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
          "Old school", quiet-mannered, not a whisper of her illness that I heard - and for such a personality there has been impressively - and deservedly - wide coverage of her passing
          Yes one of the best broadcasters. Very sad. It must have been very sudden as the Radio Times still shows her listed to present last night’s live BBCNOW concert…

"...the isle is full of noises,
          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Armstrong View Post
            It must have been very sudden as the Radio Times still shows her listed to present last night’s live BBCNOW concert…
            I saw in one report that she'd withdrawn from work in February, but most of them are - for some reason - not mentioning what the illness was, so I'm likewise not doing so. But it might be imagined for someone just 67 years old.
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Comment

Very sad news indeed. Condolences from the USA. Sean Rafferty paid tribute to NHT on In Tune today.

Comment

Agree with the smashing sentiments here. A presenter with gravitas that will be missed. RIP.

Comment

Working...
                  X