X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aeolium
    • Nov 2010

Tales from The Stave R4 1:30 18/10/11

For anyone who might be interested, there was a programme on R4 today in which some invited guests including Simon Keenlyside and Jane Glover examine a manuscript score in Paris of Don Giovanni. There were I thought some new insights into the composition process, e.g. an alteration to the opening of Donna Anna's aria Or sai che l'onore. Anyway, it should be on LA until next Tuesday lunchtime (and this is the first of a series of 3 programmes looking at musical scores).
  • makropulos
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aeolium View Post
    For anyone who might be interested, there was a programme on R4 today in which some invited guests including Simon Keenlyside and Jane Glover examine a manuscript score in Paris of Don Giovanni. There were I thought some new insights into the composition process, e.g. an alteration to the opening of Donna Anna's aria Or sai che l'onore. Anyway, it should be on LA until next Tuesday lunchtime (and this is the first of a series of 3 programmes looking at musical scores).
    Thanks very for mentioning this - it's almost always an enjoyable programme and this was no exception.
    The BBC website is a bit ambiguous about this (with contradictory information depending on where you look), but I think it's the first of a series of four (rather than three). The next one is Parry (I was glad and Jerusalem - see http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b016812z) followed by Handel's Fireworks Music and lastly Berlioz's Symponie fantastique.

Comment

• ardcarp
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

Yes, I enjoyed it too. I thought Simon Keenlyside got a bit 'flowery' towards the end! But never mind; it's a great programme. BTW, is Simon K a relation of Raymond K from yesteryear?

Comment

• mercia
        • Nov 2010

son of Raymond (according to wikipedia)

Comment

Working...
        X