X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Islophile
    • Nov 2011

Figaro or Don Giovanni?

Putting together a nice pork and chick pea curry this evening. In the kitchen I glanced at the Radio Times and was pleased to see that 'Composer of the Week' is bebop. I switched on the radio just before half past six,to find 'In Tune' half way through the Count's aria from the Marriage of Figaro.

It was a really good performance, so when the back announcement came along I turned up the radio to be informed that it was an aria from Don Giovanni.

What's the point of Radio 3 if presenters and producers don't listen to what they are broadcasting - or if they do, can't tell one world-famous Mozart opera from another?
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

I never believe what I'm told but, yep, Count Almaviva's aria from Don Giovanni... No wonder they want to get rid of us: they assume their target audience would neither know nor care about such trifling details. (I see the playlist doesn't commit itself one way or the other - just says it's by Mozart - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart)
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
    X