Pomp & Circumstances March No.1: Do You Like It?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
    Why is it that record companies dont recognise conductors, like Norman Del Mar, as the way they did Sir Adrian Boult?
    Possibly the record companies didn't consider him as good a conductor as Sir Adrian Boult or that, with no orchestra of his own, he had a lower public profile and his records wouldn't sell. This may sound unjust to his admirerd but the record companies had to make a profit. To take a different example, an EMI (?) executive said of Rudolf Kempe ' The British public adore him but won't buy his records'

Comment

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
      Thanks from me too, fascinating stuff. Am I alone in prefering the big tune in no 4 to LOHAG ?.
      A bit late in the thread but I too much prefer No 4 to LoHG. Always have, but sealed in my memory after doing my bit on a parade in honour of Montgomery. No 4 was played during his inspection.

Perhaps I should try for "Your Call" - and pigs might do the flypast too
      Last edited by arancie33; 28-11-11, 21:48. Reason: serious typo

Comment

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post

...a dreadful libretto wallowing in the worst anglo-catholic nonsense. ...
        Roman Catholic, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
          I was merely pointing out your usual pompous assertion clashing with a later post, Mandy. Keep the toys in the pram dear
          Neither a pompous assertion, nor a true accusation. Physician, heal thyself. Your infantile behaviour is sad and pathetic, especially in someone of your...ahem...great age.

Anyway....Del Mar: I always think of him in tandem with Sir Charles Groves as a conductor who covered much the same repertoire as several more famous conductors, who staked their claims earlier. No reflection on him, or his abilities.

Comment

Working...
          X