• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ria
    • Jun 2024

Berlioz's cipher

Hello

I have learnt so much from Radio 3 composer of the week over the years, but I have discovered something new, a cipher in Berlioz's writing. I have been working on this for a number of years, but I now need help. I wonder if any one has any suggestions as to who would be interested in deciphering what could be a symphony and an opera.
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Hello, ria!

I would suggest you got in touch with a music department at one of the universities. Most will have websites which will tell you who has a particular interest in Berlioz. Search terms like: Berlioz university research will turn up some suggestions.

Good luck!
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• ria

Hi
      French frank, I have done that but no response as yet. The trouble is this is a bit mad but soundly based on recognition of Berlioz himself in his music, and it is the music that is the safe seal. I am merely the messenger and have to get this to people who would be interested as I am unwell and will be unable to complete this.

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Okay, well, your request will get seen here by anyone interested in Berlioz, plus will be picked up by the web soon for people who are searching. I'm not sure what else you can do except set down as much as you can. I'll email you if anything is suggested.
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• ria

I have lots of data written down, that is part of the problem this cipher is scattered so that it hard to spot. This must not fall on one persons shoulders, it is too big.

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

If you can find out how to contact him, David Cairns might have a suggestion? Perhaps someone at the Sunday Times could forward your request.

Comment

Working...
            X