X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pianorak
    • Nov 2010

Jacqueline Lafayette anybody?

I have a recording of Tchaikovsky's 2nd piano concert op. 44 with Jacqueline Lafayette as the pianist and the Orchestre des Beaux Arts conducted by Louis Maillot (on A.R.C. Fidelity). I'm quite unable to find any information on her and am wondering if anybody has heard of her.
    My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)
  • subcontrabass
    • Nov 2010

I suspect that her name (and also that of the conductor) are pseudonyms used by performers who were under contract to other record labels.

Comment

• Pianorak
      • Nov 2010

subcontrabass:
      Thanks. If one could find out for which label the following was recorded that would probably clinch your assumption.

Bach : Concerto in D minor for two violins and strings BWV 1043
      Bach : Concerto in D minor for violin, oboe and strings BWV 106
      both with L'Orchestre des Beaux Arts; Louis Maillot, conductor
      My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• subcontrabass
        • Nov 2010

The only other record with these performers that I can find a reference to is Mozart's Jupiter Symphony. That was also for Fidelity. I am not certain that the name of the orchestra may not also be a fiction. There is (or was) an orchestra of that name in Brussels, but there seem to be very few references to it on websites. The Mozart recording was allegedly produced in London.

Comment

• Pianorak
          • Nov 2010

For some strange reason I had thought at one time that the pianist was one Joyce Hatto - but that really wouldn't make any sense at all.

Comment

Working...
          X