• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Performance Creativity Research

in today's graun

New research into how and when the muse strikes finds that even fairly mundane activities can feed in to new insights

and on youtube

According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.
  • amateur51

A fascinating project, good film too. I look forward to their research findings being published.

I wonder if the issue of handedness ever comes up in this sort of work?

Comment

• MrGongGong
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
      A fascinating project, good film too. I look forward to their research findings being published.

I wonder if the issue of handedness ever comes up in this sort of work?
      I haven't watched it yet
      but I did meet a pianist several years ago who had been taking part in a series of research experiments about handedness. The researchers had made a reverse piano (with the high notes at the "bottom") and were doing experiments into whether it was possible to switch , and how long it took to change from playing a normal piano etc He said it was fascinating stuff and really strange to have to switch from one to the other , I think it was part of a brain research project ? (but I can't remember who it was ? apart from we were at the RAM and I was doing a project with young musicians and he was the friend of one of the players I was working with ....... hummm I wonder what happened to it ? )

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
        I haven't watched it yet
        but I did meet a pianist several years ago who had been taking part in a series of research experiments about handedness. The researchers had made a reverse piano (with the high notes at the "bottom") and were doing experiments into whether it was possible to switch , and how long it took to change from playing a normal piano etc He said it was fascinating stuff and really strange to have to switch from one to the other , I think it was part of a brain research project ? (but I can't remember who it was ? apart from we were at the RAM and I was doing a project with young musicians and he was the friend of one of the players I was working with ....... hummm I wonder what happened to it ? )
        Hmmm sounds fascinating too, MrGG.

As a predominant (but not exclusive) lefty I've always been interested in this oft-neglected aspect of research and for a programme about creativity I'd have thought that it was a potentially significant aspect to be explored.

Comment

Working...
        X