Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buxtehude: 7-11/7/14 & 29/8-2/9/22

There is more to Buxtehude than organ and being the destination of Bach’s long walk.

Donald Macleod on Buxtehude's early years, when he followed in his father's footsteps.

Hmm. Strangely, while today's Lunchtime Concert has turned up on the iPlayer's on demand facility, the Buxtehude CotW which preceded it has not, as yet. Somewhat vexing, what?

Comment

Indeed, Bryn. I don't know what Doversoul think's of Christopher Herrick's cycle of B's organ music? I quite enjoy it,.
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
        Indeed, Bryn. I don't know what Doversoul think's of Christopher Herrick's cycle of B's organ music? I quite enjoy it,.
        Marie Claire Alain does it for me, bbm.

Comment

Emma Kirkby every day, many interesting instrumental works, and of course organ works. Membra Jesu Nostri being played in section may not be everyone’s idea but I found it interesting to hear each section played by different performer. All in all it has been a most enjoyable five hours.

Comment

I think Buxtehude is a fabulous composer. I am mainly acquainted with his organ works, partly because I play the organ a little, but mostly because very little of his other music is known. But everything I hear increases my admiration for the man.

Comment

There is a very reasonably priced set of Buxtehude's complete organ music in a recent recording by Simone Stella on Brilliant Classics.

Comment

Very much enjoying today’s programme & looking forward to this week.

Lovely playing by organist Bine Bryndorf … of whom I first heard less than 1 hour ago when a recording by her was chosen as one of the 5 Bach choices on Saturday’s Record Review. Just coincidence or is she the player of the hour in organ circles?
                "...the isle is full of noises,
                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Working...
                X