Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anniversary Special: Composers in Conversation

An interesting approach for the anniversary but a pity they did not include the fascinating conversation between Brian Ferneyhough and Howard Skempton at Birmingham University. The Facebook video of the BCMG event is muted and without video for the first 10'45" or so but would have edited down to a good CotW in this series. It also gets blocked by DuckDuckGo but one can accept to watch it. The link is below that for the "Cassandra's Dream Song" YouTube offering.

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
    An interesting approach for the anniversary but a pity they did not include the fascinating conversation between Brian Ferneyhough and Howard Skempton at Birmingham University. The Facebook video of the BCMG event is muted and without video for the first 10'45" or so but would have edited down to a good CotW in this series. It also gets blocked by DuckDuckGo but one can accept to watch it. The link is below that for the "Cassandra's Dream Song" YouTube offering.

https://www.bcmg.org.uk/Event/brian-...oward-skempton
    I was there. I regret not asking him who made the artwork for the La Terre est un Homme CD. Oh well! In the interval I did manage to shake his hand and somewhat awkwardly express admiration for his music...

Comment

Mostly the composers chosen for the week are for me of little interest, frankly, however I greatly enjoyed today's, with Harrison Birtwistle and Hans Werner Henze. I only wish there could have been more of each!

Comment

I, too, found the selection of comppsers uninviting to listen to. I suppose Brahms and Schoenberg were unavailable.

A conversation with Monteverdi would be useful. 'Now, Claudio, tell us just how you want your later operas performed'.

Comment

Working...
        X