Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vivaldi’s operas: 9-13 October

As part of the BBC's opera season, Composer of the Week takes a look behind the curtain and onto the stage exploring the world of Antonio Vivaldi's operas.
    […]

This should be good, with such a vast array of works from the Naive edition to choose from.

Comment

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
      This should be good, with such a vast array of works from the Naive edition to choose from.
      I will stick my neck out and say that with the exception of a couple of items I prefer Vivaldi's operas to Handel's. They do blur into one another in the memory of course, but I remember Griselda as being particularly special.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Barrett View Post
        I will stick my neck out and say that with the exception of a couple of items I prefer Vivaldi's operas to Handel's. They do blur into one another in the memory of course, but I remember Griselda as being particularly special.
        Funny, that, I was friends with a very once-prominent opera critic, and he used to say just the reverse! But they are both wonderful in their own ways. Griselda is indeed fantastic, and so is that Naive recording of it.

Comment

One more programme left but this week has been an absolute feast. I don’t think I have listened to Vivaldi’s operas in this way before. This is a silly thing to say but I now see how different (although I can’t say exactly how or what) Vivaldi’s operas are from Handel’s. How lucky we are to be able to enjoy them both.

Comment

Have we lost the evening repeat for ever?

Comment

Working...
            X