Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leokadiya Kashperova

I switched on COTW just in time to hear the Elgarian slow movement of Kashperova’s Symphony Op.4. My first instinct was to rush to buy a CD, download or whatever might be available. But I drew a blank.

But at least it’s on YouTube.

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
    I switched on COTW just in time to hear the Elgarian slow movement of Kashperova’s Symphony Op.4. My first instinct was to rush to buy a CD, download or whatever might be available. But I drew a blank.

But at least it’s on YouTube.
    Jane Glover conducting the BBC Concert Orchestra in the Symphony in B minor, op 4:.

It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

I had been contemplating starting a thread, but to be honest found her music predictable and lacking in personality and originality, and decided not to listen further after the first two programmes. The chamber music was quite pleasant but struck me as similar to Fauré in pianist techniques while altogether lacking his harmonic subtlety and sensibility. I'm not surprised she turned down Liadov's suggestions for the first symphony, given that he was so much more imaginative than she.

Comment

Working...
      X