Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are so many pieces of his with Colours in the titles I forget which is which. He has a new Album of Orchestral Music called "Unseen" coming out in May which I'm looking forward to.

Comment

I came across his piece "Adjustable Wrench​" at a local (non-professional) orchestra's concert and liked it enough to listen again at put it in a playlist (on Naxos Mus Library).

Thanks for the suggestions - more to explore (which I should have known.......).

Comment

There's SO MUCH Music out there Sparrow. We'll never get through it all in 100 Lifetimes. Mores the pity...

Comment

I like Torke's music quite a lot, and have most of the stuff of his time with Argo, including 'Music on the Floor' and Kate Bott singing the 'Four Proverbs'. I love the 'Colour' music too and the chamber music to bits and pieces as well. OK, I suppose it will be considered post minimism second rate fare by some critics, but after a whole day trawling through the whole 'Ring' cycle of Richard Wagner, I can afford to relax late at night with this sort of thing

Comment

Cheers Frank. Quite a bit of his music has, never been professionally released or recorded. I'd love to hear his "Brick Symphony".

Comment

Originally posted by ScotOp69 View Post
              Cheers Frank. Quite a bit of his music has, never been professionally released or recorded. I'd love to hear his "Brick Symphony".
              Sarah Walker has just played a recording (by a couple of orchestras previously unknown to me) of a recent composition by Michael Torke. I must say he's remarkably consistent - which is, I guess, a polite way of saying that it sounded just like every other of his works that I've heard. Perhaps I've missed the more inventive ones?

Comment

Originally posted by LMcD View Post

Sarah Walker has just played a recording (by a couple of orchestras previously unknown to me) of a recent composition by Michael Torke. I must say he's remarkably consistent - which is, I guess, a polite way of saying that it sounded just like every other of his works that I've heard. Perhaps I've missed the more inventive ones?
                Thanks for this - looking at the schedule we see - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001ygsr

and then noticing Chiara Margarita Cozzolani discover this - which sounds quite similar to another piece I have recordings of - but can't quite remember.

This is lovely -

Comment

Sounds similar to Monteverdi's Beatus Vir - which I think is probably one of the recordings I was imagining -

Comment

And back on topic - this is what I guess what was played earlier this morning -

Comment

Working...
                    X