Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Avant Garde Project.

I don't think this has had a thread of its own, and I really thought it deserved a link in the Library.

I know a number of board members already use the astonishing archive of downloadable and otherwise unavailable material, but worth flagging up again, I feel. Either a great introduction to a range of composers, or an invaluable resource for out of print material for those with deeper knowledge.

I have downloaded the entire archive ( I think !!). If anybody would like a copy of all the music with a considerable saving in download time, if you PM me and then send me a 16GB SD or Micro SD card , I'd be happy to copy to card and return to you.

All of the music in the archive is unavailable commercially at present, so hopefully this can be done guilt free.

Edit: oh, also well worth checking out some of the LP liner notes. A wealth of extraordinary material there too.
    Last edited by teamsaint; 31-12-15, 19:48.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Just a quick update on the AGP.

It would seem, ( I hope I am wrong) that the main site has been taken down, at least for now. I don't seem to be able to find or access it.

Anybody know anything?

At the risk of repetition, I have almost all of what was on there downloaded and saved, so if anybody does want an MP3 of the complete archive on Micro SD or SD , please do PM me.

If too many people ask, you'll have to send me a micro SD card though, as the whole archive needs a 16GB card !!

If the project has been taken down, it will be a real loss. As well as the music, some of the liner notes were/are fantastic, and often a gllmpse into what felt like another world.

Edit: The archive, or at least some of it seems to be available here.
    Not sure what is going on.Maybe a cheaper way of hosting the archive? Anyway, there seem to be a small number of extra installments that weren't on the old site.
    Last edited by teamsaint; 15-06-17, 22:38.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

The AGP seems now to be housed here.

Comment

Hurrah!
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Thanks teamy!

Comment

Working...
          X