Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Naxos music library

I don't know if others know about this resource, but in case not a link is below. I was made aware of it by esteemed Board member AmpH, so thanks to him.

Click the link, follow the Naxos link, and 80K discs there to enjoy at the click of a mouse. Pretty decent quality and reliabilty from a couple of listens.Advertisement free too.

I guess other councils do this also.
    Now THAT is a good use of council tax IMO !!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Cheers ts and Amph,super find

Comment

the Wilts site says you need a 10 digit code, but seems to be working without such a thing.
      Be interested to know what the techies think of the quality.
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

"Maximum number of simultaneous users reached", doesn't let you get any further.
        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stunsworth View Post
          "Maximum number of simultaneous users reached", doesn't let you get any further.
          I just logged out, logged back in, and am now enjoying some William Schuman. No tricky stuff, just straight in !!
          Can't offer any help, I don't have a log in code or anything.

Comment

It's working here,Myaskovsky string quartets,maybe pot luck if it's limited to number of users.
            Sound is pretty good too (I am not an expert in bit rates and the like).

Comment

Checked a couple of other councils. Most seem require a membership number, free presumably.

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                Checked a couple of other councils. Most seem require a membership number, free presumably.
                Yes - in Northamptonshire you need a code to access it (simply your library ticket number) and then it works like a dream. Lots of other electronic resources too, including Grove, the Times online archives, and plenty more, all for free - and all from the comfort of your own home too. As far as I'm concerned, this is one very good reason why public libraries deserve maximum support.

Comment

Originally posted by Stunsworth View Post
                  Hmmm... I too got that message!
                  Maybe there are hundreds of for3.org message boarders all trying to log in at the same time..?

Comment

odd, because I just got in fine, and am enjoying Brahms 2/Jurowski as championed by Caliban.
                    Perhaps a Techie could help out Waldhorn and others....

If somebody at the Wilts library service is monitoring log ins tomorrow, they are going to get some surpises, hopefully !

Comment

Originally posted by waldhorn View Post
                      Hmmm... I too got that message!
                      Maybe there are hundreds of for3.org message boarders all trying to log in at the same time..?
                      I got that message too. Had a go at the spoken word library though!

Astonishing resource! Thanks ts. Do report on the Brahms!
                      "...the isle is full of noises,
                      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                        I got that message too. Had a go at the spoken word library though!

Astonishing resource! Thanks ts. Do report on the Brahms!
                        I wonder if its anything to do with using a Mac?

Comment

I just got into the Naxos Online Library via the Barbican Library (City of London Libraries)

No User ID was asked for! Sound quality is as good as Spotify's, possibly better.

Previously I had habitually typed in my membership number ... seemingly unnecessarily?

Comment

Naxos Online Music Library

Thought this was worth a thread of its own.
                            This can often be accessed via your county library service, free to use, with a library card number.
                            it also seems to be accessible from some county services without a number so here are two links that seem to work without a library card.

Please do add any other links to this Library that work for you.

Thanks to AmpH for flagging this up. It is just brilliant !!
                            THIS is a great way to spend our council tax.

Comment

now 119 thousand cds on there!
                              Listening on Surrey Libraries http://surreycc.naxosmusiclibrary.com/
                              Feel free to login as 2429268 if it asks you.

Comment

Working...
                              X