Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Library Sound Archive

[Ed: if you find anything particularly interesting, post a ref on this thread - ff]

Some recordings here that may be of interest to members,and not just classical music.

I'll leave it to the bosses to decide whether or not it warrants a place in our library.
    Last edited by french frank; 21-02-13, 21:42.

YOu have sadly missed this great event this weekend
    (but keep an ear out for more !)

Comment

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
      Some recordings here that may be of interest to members,and not just classical music.

I'll leave it to the bosses to decide whether or not it warrants a place in our library.
      Useful link, ER. I see there is quite a lot of Solomon there (mainly concertos).

Comment

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
        YOu have sadly missed this great event this weekend
        (but keep an ear out for more !)

http://www.inthefield.org.uk/
        Fancy - Peter Cusack from the old London Musicians Collective there among that lot. I thought he'd passed on a few years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
          Fancy - Peter Cusack from the old London Musicians Collective there among that lot. I thought he'd passed on a few years ago!
          Peter is very much alive and thriving in spite of his travels to make the "sounds from dangerous places " book and cd

Comment

Anything to do with the National Sound Archive has my support - one of our most undervalued and unkown national resources, I wish it every success.

Comment

.I'll edit ER's first post as an add then it can be moved to the ref lib as British Library Sound Archive.

Hmm, I coiuld have just edited the title - didn't notice it was already in 'the library'.
              It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
              X