X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArpSchnitger
    • Jul 2012

Name that Nunc!

I'm sure that many members of this message board are already aware of this, but the Lichfield Cathedral Choir website is hosting a Lent Quiz, which will feature 40 different settings of the Nunc Dimittis to identify. It's not too late to start participating, although as the answers and winners will not be announced until Easter Day, we should refrain from discussing/naming particular settings in the quiz until then. So far there has been a good mix of the familiar and not so familiar, including one or two for the true canticle cognoscenti!

The home page for the quiz can be found at
    http://www.cathedralchoir.org.uk/len...troduction.php and a new entry is posted each day at 6pm, excluding Sundays.
  • Nick Armstrong
    Host
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by rogbi200 View Post
    I'm sure that many members of this message board are already aware of this, but the Lichfield Cathedral Choir website is hosting a Lent Quiz, which will feature 40 different settings of the Nunc Dimittis to identify. It's not too late to start participating, although as the answers and winners will not be announced until Easter Day, we should refrain from discussing/naming particular settings in the quiz until then. So far there has been a good mix of the familiar and not so familiar, including one or two for the true canticle cognoscenti!

The home page for the quiz can be found at
    http://www.cathedralchoir.org.uk/len...troduction.php and a new entry is posted each day at 6pm, excluding Sundays.
    Great thread title! Made me smile.

I'll have a crack at this when I can put the sound up....

Not confident I'll do well in the Stanford/Dyson/etc etc Edwardiana Stakes and not having perfect pitch doesn't help either, to know what it's "in"....
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• ArpSchnitger
      • Jul 2012

The results and answers are now published:

Happy Easter!

Comment

Working...
      X