No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

St Albans

DoM after Mr Lucas is Mr Cox from St. Paul's

Quote copied from cathedral website (- I think!)
    << New DoM at St A's - is William Fox, Acting Organist and Assistant Director of Music
    Before joining St Paul's, William was the Organ Scholar of Magdalen College, Oxford, from where he graduated with a first-class degree in Music. Previously, he held Organ Scholarships at Hereford Cathedral, and at Wells Cathedral while at school. William is a prize-winning fellow of the Royal College of Organists, and was recently appointed a Junior Fellow of the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire. William is active as an organ recitalist in the UK and abroad, and his playing has been broadcast on BBC Radio and Television. >>
    Last edited by DracoM; 21-03-24, 16:40.

Good luck to him. It’s a special place. They do remarkably well without a Choir School.

Comment

Could the spelling error in the OP be rectified? (And as I've mentioned that, I presume the thread title will cause concern to the apostrophe police).

Comment

Sorry - feeling a bit thick today - not sure I get what you're asking for?

Comment

I guess he refers to your mentioning a Mr Cox from St Paul's, rather than a Mr Fox! By the way, the appointment was made public nearly a month ago.
          RJ

Comment

He’s fantastic, apparently!

Comment

A month ago? Wow! the St As choristers / parents only heard a week go!

Comment

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                A month ago? Wow! the St As choristers / parents only heard a week go!
                This isn’t the case. The whole cathedral community including all of the choristers, layclerks and choir parents were informed by the Dean just before the information went public on 16th February.

Comment

My sincere apologies!

Comment

Working...
                  X