X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lizzie
    • Nov 2010

Organ Concert toight at Winchester Cathedral

Second Recital of the 2011 Summer Series if anyone feels like a very good evening out with a very warm welcome!
    Hope to see some of you there if you are in the area.
    Bws. Liz

Paul Hale, Organist and Rector Chori of Southwell Minster, begins our Tuesday series of Organ Concerts with a fascinating tour of the organ repertoire featuring sets of variations from the 16th century right up to the present day.

Programme:

Walter Alcock Introduction and Passacaglia in B flat
    Jean-François Dandrieu Variations on 'O filii et filiae'
    Samuel Scheidt Variations on 'Ei, du feiner Reiter'
    César Franck Choral No.2 in B minor
    Christopher Rathbone Southwell Suite
    Sigfrid Karg-Elert Homage to Handel

Tickets: £8, includes a glass of wine or fruit juice, available online from the
  • ardcarp
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

I do hope the recital went well, Lizzie, and I hope your post may have boosted the audience a bit. If I lived nearer I would definitely have gone. Please don't interpret the lack of replies as lack of interest...it's just that if it's not broadcast for all to hear, it's difficult to comment. Any Wichester broadcasts coming up any time soon?

Comment

• mangerton
      • Nov 2010

Indeed. I would second ardcarp's remarks. On a related topic..

Thomas Trotter is giving a recital in Dundee's Caird Hall on Sat 21st. I'll be there!

Comment

• Lizzie
        • Nov 2010

Thank you both! It was a superb concert and I heard colours from that organ I'd missed before. CE being recorded during Southern Cathedrals Festival in July (see Winch website) for later broadcast. Got day off to go! Thomas Trotter is someone I'd travel miles to hear but Scotland is a tad too far! Been to Dundee though. Bws Liz

Comment

Working...
        X