X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DracoM
    Host
    • Mar 2007

< Has anyone got in touch to complain - as recommended in last week's thread by the esteemed Roger Judd? >>

[a] Yes.
    [b] Response = generalised managerspeakwaffle.

Comment

• Vox Humana
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by mw963 View Post
      I'm fairly certain that when this whole occasional (well frequent now of course) Archive business first started some years ago there were extensive raids on a "private home collection". However I continue to be shocked and disappointed that we're being led down this route so often now.
      Especially since so much of it is now gradually appearing on YouTube.

I enjoyed the service very much indeed. I didn't find the psalms wooden. I was thinking that, in that vast barn, they sounded quite appropriate. Lovely set of chants and rewarding accompaniments from JSW. I don't always like Bairstow's music, but it is always worth hearing. For an organ loft composer he showed great craftsmanship and individuality.

Comment

• subcontrabass
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
        < Has anyone got in touch to complain - as recommended in last week's thread by the esteemed Roger Judd? >>

[a] Yes.
        Try following it up by using "not satisfied with the response" option and make your case with detailed arguments. The second round, in my experience, gets through to the people that matter and has resulted (in my cases) with action by the producer(s) concerned.

Comment

• Dafydd y G.W.
          • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Dafydd y G.W. View Post
          I think you're right on both counts but need to check my sources.
          According to Cyril (Abbots Leigh) Taylor in Hymns for Today discussed Fred Pratt Green was asked to write words for East Acklam, which had been written for God that madest, but perhaps unsurprisingly had failed to displace Ar Hyd y Nos, and thus was in danger of falling into oblivion, a sad fate for a fine tune.

Taylor adds that the resulting hymn, For the fruits, shews clear signs of being shaped around the tune to produce an effective marriage of words and music.

Comment

• mw963
            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by DracoM View Post

[a] Yes.
            Well done for trying at least.

Comment

• DracoM
              Host
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by subcontrabass View Post
              Try following it up by using "not satisfied with the response" option and make your case with detailed arguments. The second round, in my experience, gets through to the people that matter and has resulted (in my cases) with action by the producer(s) concerned.
              I did.

Comment

• grandchant
                • Jan 2012

The 2009 92nd birthday evensong from York is now on youtube

Choral EvensongSunday 14 June 2009 16.00Celebrating the 92nd birthday of Francis Jackson Wednesday's service from York Minster. Introit: Alleluia, laudate pu...

Comment

Working...
                X