Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choral Training

I have just sent an angry note to BBC R4 PM.
    There was open sniggering and giggling about what choir schol training can / did do for Alastair Cook.

I wrote as follows:

1. He was for several years part of one of the highest powered choirs anywhere IN THE WORLD.
    2. Chorister training is exaxcting, demanding, and at St Paul's Cathedral - given their schedule - absolutely knackering. And that is quite apart from their school work!
    3. And yes, ANY serious muscial training takes time, patience, application, courage, and commitment.
    So, yes, with real athletic talent already in the kid, it is IDEAL training for a world class sportsman

How dare they snigger!

Good for you Draco.

PM did (in very small measure) redeem themselves by airing their Russian correspondent Steve Rosenberg playing the piano right at the end of the programme. (Rach 2 opening of slow movement...arrangement of)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
        I have just sent an angry note to BBC R4 PM.
        There was open sniggering and giggling about what choir schol training can / did do for Alastair Cook.

I wrote as follows:

1. He was for several years part of one of the highest powered choirs anywhere IN THE WORLD.
        2. Chorister training is exaxcting, demanding, and at St Paul's Cathedral - given their schedule - absolutely knackering. And that is quite apart from their school work!
        3. And yes, ANY serious muscial training takes time, patience, application, courage, and commitment.
        So, yes, with real athletic talent already in the kid, it is IDEAL training for a world class sportsman

How dare they snigger!
        Well written, DracoM, I could not agree more.

Comment

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
          Good for you Draco.
          Seconded.

Comment

After an Ashes Test match, when the players had emerged from the rear of the pavillion and were being accosted by selfie-hunters young and old, Mrs K asked Alastair Cook whether he had a favourite setting of the Mag and Nunc. He was rather stumped by that one, replying that he couldn't recall his favourite as it was all a very long time ago. He and his mate Jimmy had a lot of time for the youngsters, who weren't bowling such googlies.

Comment

When was the discussion please?

Comment

PM / Monday 10th Sept

Comment

Working...
                X