X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • subcontrabass
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by mopsus View Post
    For the last couple of years at least the 9 Lessons and Carols service at St David's Cathedral has been candlelit (not entirely, but the congregation all have candles) and I realise why this service usually isn't in most places. If you are in any sort of draught you have no chance of keeping your candle alight for the best part of 2 hours! This year I made it to the Seventh Lesson.
    Try using one of these: https://charlesfarris.co.uk/productd...guards-pack-50 They are very effective, even outdoors.

Comment

• Vile Consort
      • Nov 2010

My first and only attendance at evensong in Ely cathedral sticks in my memory not because of the music but because one of the candles on the cantoris side suddenly burst into a violent and spectacular conflagration inside its glass draught shield. The treble right next to regarded it with considerable anxiety but carried on signing; the verger walked calmly across and held a hymn book on top of the glass to extinguish the blaze. Top marks to both for sang froid!

Comment

• Vile Consort
        • Nov 2010

My first and only attendance at evensong in Ely cathedral sticks in my memory not because of the music but because one of the candles on the cantoris side suddenly burst into a violent and spectacular conflagration inside its glass draught shield. The treble right next to regarded it with considerable anxiety but carried on singing; te verger walked calmly across and held a hymn book on top of the glass to extinguish the blaze. Top marks to both for sang froid!

Comment

Working...
        X