Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flabby_our_soul View Post
    great to hear the six lay clerks left as just six... not bolstered with 25 deputies
    Indeed. Sometimes less is more...

Comment

What did you make of it, Draco? I thought, genuinely, the choir sounded in excellent shape

Comment

They dragged

Comment

Bigboi are you he? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Boi

Comment

Yes fam.

Comment

Originally posted by Tongues of Men View Post
              Brilliant first lesson!
              Isiah brings out the best in people

Comment

I'm a great fan... Looking forward to performing your canticles in Santa Monica next year.

Comment

Lovely vibrant singing throughout as befits a big celebration. Wonderful sense of worship moving forward. Star singing amongst the men. The top line improved in attack after pitch problems in the opening Bruckner, scaling the top notes in the canticles thrillingly. The psalm moved forward with urgency and kept the meaning of text always to the fore. Everyone had a ball in the anthem, seems fun to sing. Great, thrilling voluntary very well caught by the engineers IMO. Thank you PW for everything and thank you Southwark for today. O and can Timothy West travel with CE every week please?

Comment

What a 'fan club' Southwark has! Ahem. Wonder where they all come from - suddenly?

Very decent CE. Vol best thing about it for me. Some in the treb line had a bit of a struggle here and there with scaling top, and some altos had to make a real effort too. Still............Peter Wright should be pleased. .
                    As some commented, weirdish sound perspectives?

Comment

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                      What a 'fan club' Southwark has! Ahem. Wonder where they all come from - suddenly?
                      The Pub?
                      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bigboi View Post
                          Peter Wright [...] played like a demon in the voluntary.
                          Really? Horses for courses... we will agree to disagree.

Loved the rest of the service, and a festive Dyson in D is always a plus.

Comment

Does anyone please have a recording of Philip Moore's anthem, "God is our Refuge and our Strength"?

Comment

I've had a quick trawl online and can't find anything, bret. Others might have better luck. Pity the BBC doesn't keep all CEs as an available archive.

Comment

Thank you

Will keep trying. I asked the organist and he didn't have the recording but someone must have.

Maybe the BBC producer...

Comment

Working...
                                X