Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
    Not so much 'luck' as (probably) inspired leadership, musically and otherwise.
    I was there on the Sunday morning, and they were absolutely superb. IMHO, the best visiting choir we had all Summer. Absolutely tremendous sound, and extremely well-drilled.

Comment

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
      Not so much 'luck' as (probably) inspired leadership, musically and otherwise.
      Indeed, and support of chergy?

Comment

I believe Christchurch Priory is thriving; I sang there with a visiting choir recently and though we didn't hear the resident choir we heard quite a bit about them.

I'm not sure how Beverley Minster is faring in the post-Alan Spedding era. I went there with a visiting choir a few years ago when he was still in post, and in those days the resident choir sang there every weekend except August and the weekends after Christmas and Easter - i.e. including half-terms! Probably their duties are lighter now.

I heard Wimborne Minster choir a few years ago and it included more children than there seem to be in the whole of Wimborne! (I think they must recruit from Bournemouth.) They sang enthusiastically - indeed in the case of one nasal tenor, rather too much so.

Comment

Originally posted by mopsus View Post
          I believe Christchurch Priory is thriving; I sang there with a visiting choir recently and though we didn't hear the resident choir we heard quite a bit about them.

I'm not sure how Beverley Minster is faring in the post-Alan Spedding era. I went there with a visiting choir a few years ago when he was still in post, and in those days the resident choir sang there every weekend except August and the weekends after Christmas and Easter - i.e. including half-terms! Probably their duties are lighter now.

I heard Wimborne Minster choir a few years ago and it included more children than there seem to be in the whole of Wimborne! (I think they must recruit from Bournemouth.) They sang enthusiastically - indeed in the case of one nasal tenor, rather too much so.
          'claws in, dear!'

Comment

I've carefully avoided being very precise about dates - it wasn't very recently, anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X