Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midnight Mass Croydon Minster

The liturgical choreography may leave me cold but the choir I thought was excellent. Large forces all completely engaged and with every appearance of enjoying what they were doing, and most managing to sing with minimal or no reference to the printed music - particularly noticeable with the two excerpts from Mozart's Credo Mass which were a delight. Despite my old TV the sound quality was excellent, so all in all a good way to start the festivities.

I was there oddoneout. It was a High Mass which accounts for most of the choreography. I found it all most satisfying, and what I expected - humble and friendly.

Comment

Yes, I too was very impressed with the singing of the Croydon Minster choir - there must have been a good 50 choristers of varied ages, but the tone, precision and musicality were all spot on to my ears.

Comment

It was very enjoyable indeed. As a Catholic I felt very much at home with the liturgy and the choreography. I loved the full and rounded sound produced by the range of choristers and their energy and enthusiasm.

Comment

Finally caught up with this in full this afternoon. Yes, it was a real Anglo-Catholic joy, even if seemed a competition to have an equal number of people on the two sides of the altar rail!

Seriously, how wonderful to see such a diverse group of people engaged in dignified but unstuffy worship of this kind executed so well (not just musicians). The choir were on excellent form and a joy to see so many young people involved in music-making of this standard.

I was most intrigued by the arrangement of Silent Night, and in a good way. I context that by saying it is not a carol I am at all fond of.

Comment

Working...
          X