• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ardcarp
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Temple Church Carol Service

Sung this morning I think and on Youtube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Maybe slight ensemble and balance problems because of singers being spread out through a difficult building. No choir school of course, so very well done one and all...and a joyful (if early) start to Christmas.
  • DracoM
    Host
    • Mar 2007

Sounds pretty OK to me, esp the ginger tiny singing the solo at start! Many thx!!

Comment

• cat
      • May 2019

Not exactly a spacious nave within which to socially distance without tripping over tombs or getting lost behind pillars!

A strange year but it's been interesting to see services from places that I wouldn't normally get to. The other day I watched Rugby School Chapel's Christmas service on YouTube. We heard them on Choral Evensong not so long ago, but it was interesting to see the inside of their chapel, the location of the organ etc, even though the singers weren't where they usually are.

Comment

• Constantbee
        • Jul 2017

Not so very far away ... St Brides Fleet Street Carol Service airs online tomorrow, 17 December 2020 - twice, once at 12:00, once at 17:00.

Our annual Fleet Street Carols service has become so popular over the years that we now run it twice! Sadly, for that very reason, we have had to make this y...

I have a soft spot for this pretty and historic church because I used to work nearby and popped in regularly for free lunchtime concerts and organ recitals. Once known as the ‘spiritual home of the media’ it was very much the journalists’ church. Maybe not so true any more. I would expect them to have a good choir

Could do with cheering up. Neighbours have just ripped out a three foot thick, leylandii hedge and are now complaining that my Star of Bethlehem Xmas light is annoying them ‘Well, we told you so …. ‘ etc etc. OK, so we moved it to the back of the house where no one will see it. With any luck it will annoy the badgers, too
        And the tune ends too soon for us all

Comment

• mopsus
          • Nov 2010

St Bride's choir used to do an occasional broadcast in the CE slot. The broadcast I most remember was one where the presiding clergyman maybe thought he was taking a Eucharist, because after the New Testament lesson he launched into the Creed. He had said about half of it on his own before he ground to a halt and the choir sang the Nunc Dimittis.

Comment

Working...
          X