Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andrew Nethsingha to move from St John's to Westminster Abbey

Many congratulations to Andrew Nethsingha. Wonderful news.

Andrew Nethsingha, currently Director of Music at St John’s College, University of Cambridge, has been appointed the new Organist and Master of Choristers at Westminster Abbey.

Aha! Can't think why!
    Brill news for Wabbey.

Comment

Such a very different job. From a collegiate envirpnment to a busy Royal Peculiar. I hope he'll like it.

Comment

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
        Such a very different job. From a collegiate envirpnment to a busy Royal Peculiar. I hope he'll like it.
        Wells, Truro, Gloucester... let's hope he'll love it.

Comment

An excellent appointment IMHO. I'm sure that Andrew Nethsingha and David Hoyle were both at Gloucester at the same time for several years in the 2000s. I think the future looks to be in good hands and I'm looking forward to watching and listening to this team!

Comment

Richly deserved, I wish Andrew all best wishes.

Comment

As I do of course. And I hope SJCC will appoint someone who will maintain the standard of its fantastic choir.

Comment

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
                As I do of course. And I hope SJCC will appoint someone who will maintain the standard of its fantastic choir.

And I hope will carry on with more in the series of 'Magnificat' recordings (I wonder if a third is already in the can) that have appeared.

Comment

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                  Aha! Can't think why!
                  ??

Comment

Idle musing@John's / girls join boys / decision to apply for Wabbey - after - in midst - before - unrelated?
                    Last edited by DracoM; 06-07-22, 16:50.

Comment

Aha! Can't think why!
                      Much higher public profile, a house in the Abbey precincts, the opportunity to rub shoulders with the Royal Family (that may not be such an incentive right now), the bright lights of London ...

No, I'm struggling to see the attraction myself.
                      My boxes are positively disintegrating under the sheer weight of ticks. Ed Reardon

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Miles Coverdale View Post
                          Much higher public profile, a house in the Abbey precincts, the opportunity to rub shoulders with the Royal Family (that may not be such an incentive right now), the bright lights of London ...

No, I'm struggling to see the attraction myself.
                          Plus the attraction of a Coronation in the not too distant future ...... and a Knighthood.

Comment

Idle musing

Comment

Originally posted by Y Mab Afradlon View Post
                              Plus the attraction of a Coronation in the not too distant future ...... and a Knighthood.
                              And a funeral preceding the coronation, or might that be elsewhere?

PS: As a side thought, has there been any royal funeral music written since Purcell's?
                              I'll probably have a reaction when someone says yes and says what, but I'm not able to think of any just now.
                              Last edited by Pulcinella; 07-07-22, 14:00. Reason: PS added.

Comment

Working...
                              X