No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddhist Choral Music

Hi Folks

There's a new website dedicated to Buddhist Choral Music if that might be of interest. There you can hear audio and video recordings of several pieces and also choirmasters are encouraged to browse through over twenty pieces available to download as sheet music, which their choirs can perform or record.

Texts featured in the compositions include some of the most important Buddhist texts including The Heart Sutra and excerpts from The Diamond Sutra and The Dhammapada.

Hope you enjoy

Originally posted by Sarvadarsin View Post
    Hi Folks

There's a new website dedicated to Buddhist Choral Music if that might be of interest. There you can hear audio and video recordings of several pieces and also choirmasters are encouraged to browse through over twenty pieces available to download as sheet music, which their choirs can perform or record.

Texts featured in the compositions include some of the most important Buddhist texts including The Heart Sutra and excerpts from The Diamond Sutra and The Dhammapada.

Hope you enjoy

Comment

Will investigate - thanks and welcome Sarvadarsin!
      Namaste

Comment

Thanks for posting that up. Speaking from a position of total ignorance, the link you posted up Sarvadarsin, sounded as if it came from Western musical traditions. Nothing wrong with that...sounded lovely. However I always had in my mind something like:

â–ºsubscribe http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=relaxriverofficialBuddha Music: Tao Relaxation Lounge, Deep Relaxation Meditation Music, Zen G...

That may well be 'pseudo' too, I've no way of knowing. Music apart, I've always thought of Buddhism as the most peaceful (pacifist?) religion. No doubt there are sects which pervert this basic tenet, as there seem to be in all faiths...Christianity being a glaring example!

Comment

Working...
        X