Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A filetta

If there were a solid bridge between the world music and classical music regions - an acute there on the "e" - I sometimes feel that it would be called the A Filetta.

I would be interested to hear whether this clip appeals to any regular contributors to "The Choir". If so, can you recommend other ensembles that are not wholly dissimilar?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I found the first half minute or so off-puttting. I find that the off-note and around-the-note wailing of so much eastern music to be grating on my English cathedral choral trained ears.

But there was something about the skill that made me keep on listening ... then the harmonies came in and the "lead" singer wandered around less ... and then at about 1'50" the harmonies grew more rich and the song developed ... and from then on it was a sheer delight, showing, particularly as regards timing, a mastery and musicality that any a cappella group would be immensely proud of.

One of the French comments suggested a repeat listening with the eyes closed - good advice, IMO.

Superb, lat - an unexpected treat this snowy afternoon - many thanks for posting - I've bookmarked that and will look further into the genre.

S-S!

Comment

And having had an easy afternoon, and having looked further, and listened to much more, I've been both fascinated by the language - more Italian than French and with similarities as far as I could hear to dialetto napoletano, which in itself is fascinating to any linguist - and by the almost incredible ability of these guys to sing complex rhythms and harmonies, without a conductor and often with their eyes closed, completely together with hardly a microsecond between them. Wonderful stuff. One of the most interesting and enjoyable hours I've spent for many moons. Some amazing photography on some of the associated Youtube links, too.

Comment

Hi Simon, I'm really pleased you enjoyed them. These guys are great too. Lat.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Lo Còr de la Plana (pronounce "Loh cor deh la plahn") is a gritty romp, matching six male a cappella voices with the stomping, clapping beat of a variety of ...

Comment

Working...
        X