X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vox Humana
    • Dec 2012

Washington National Cathedral Organ

Next Wednesday's Choral Evensong is an archive broadcast from Washington National Cathedral. The specification of the organ can be found here.
  • DracoM
    Host
    • Mar 2007

Comment

• DracoM
      Host
      • Mar 2007

// Matins, Sunday 15 October 2023 This webcast includes Charles Villiers Stanford's anthem O for a closer walk with God. Open in pop-up player The texts of the psalms can be found here (opens in a new tab or window). Text of the anthem O for a closer walk with God, A calm and heavenly frame; A light to shine upon the road That leads me to the Lamb! Return, O holy dove, return, Sweet messenger of rest; I hate the sins that made thee mourn, And drove thee from my breast. So shall my walk be close with God, Calm and serene my frame; So purer light shall mark the road That leads me to the Lamb. William Cowper 1731–1800 We are very grateful to the Perpetual Trust for their support of the music of Hereford Cathedral. To find out more about the work of the Trust or to make a gift to further support our choral foundation please click here. About our webcasts The recording of services began in the autumn of 2015, when a new sound system was installed in the cathedral. These were made available on an occasional basis on our Soundcloud page. Our current aim is to make a different service available each month and, in this way, we seek to allow those unable to be with us in person to participate in the worship that is central to the life of Hereford Cathedral. It is important to note that in these recordings, the listener hears exactly what they would have heard had they been present at the service itself. No extra rehearsal is undertaken beforehand, and no editing takes place afterwards. An order for Choral Evensong can be downloaded here. We hope that you enjoy these ‘snapshots’ of the daily services at Hereford Cathedral. If you would like to be notified each time a new webcast is made available, please fill in this form. Archive An archive of our more recent webcasts is available here. To see all our previous webcasts, please visit our Soundcloud page.

Peter Stevens's recital at Hereford Cathedral now available.

Comment

Working...
      X