• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

Florian Hecker - H&N, Sat 3/12/16; 10:00pm

A fortnight's break from the Huddersfield highlights (although, to be honest, I went to much more exciting events than the ones that have been broadcast so far) - and a real treat this weekend. First of all, there is a Live broadcast of the premiere of Inspection - Maida Vale Project by German composer Florian Hecker (b 1975). Commissioned by the Beeb to commemorates the 70th anniversary of the Third Programme/Radio3, Hecker's piece celebrates the work of the BBC Radiophonic Workshop, creating sounds using the Workshop's own EMS Vocoder 5000, together with more modern sound creating & generating technology.

The audience at Maida Vale will hear the Multi-Channel work as they move around the space - listeners at home will be able to share some of the spatial, surround sound experience by listening to the broadcast Live via the BBC Website, as this is going to be the first ever Live 360 degree binaural broadcast. In addition to his own work, Hecker has chosen works by other composers sharing similar aesthetic priorities.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]
  • MrGongGong
    • Nov 2010

Excellent stuff
    This is the REAL EMS not those "doublet and hose" chaps with their "jolly good" galliards n'all

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

- EMS Late!

Comment

• Quarky
        • Dec 2010

It might have been of more interest if the composer had chosen to encode/ vocode Beyoncé’s latest hits, and not a silly techno-geek voice spouting I don’t know what.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
          Gone fishin'
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Oddball View Post
          It might have been of more interest if the composer had chosen to encode/ vocode Beyoncé’s latest hits, and not a silly techno-geek voice spouting I don’t know what.
          - slightly more interesting than the Haas Hyena of a couple of weeks ago, but the same general process of a splurge of indifferent Music between a lot of spoken links.

NEXT!

Comment

Working...
          X