• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

Eotvos: "The Golden Dragon"; H&N, Sat 27/1/18, 10:00pm

Tom McKinney introduces a broadcast of Music Theatre Wales' production of Peter Eötvos(b1944)'s 2014 opera, The Golden Dragon, recorded last October in Birmingham. To complete the programme, a performance of Eotvos' percussion concerto, Speaking Drums of 2013, given last March in Munich by the BBCPO conducted by Juanjo Mena, with soloist, Martin Gubinger.

Tom McKinney introduces a performance of Peter Eotvos's opera The Golden Dragon.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]
  • Beef Oven!
    Ex-member
    • Sep 2013

I'm eying up his 'The Sirens Cycle' by the Calder Quartet on BMC Records (as a download).

Comment

• Quarky
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
      Tom McKinney introduces a broadcast of Music Theatre Wales' production of Peter Eötvos(b1944)'s 2014 opera, The Golden Dragon, recorded last October in Birmingham. To complete the programme, a performance of Eotvos' percussion concerto, Speaking Drums of 2013, given last March in Munich by the BBCPO conducted by Juanjo Mena, with soloist, Martin Gubinger.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09pl1rr
      A shame the Hackney Empire pulled out of this one. Particularly as it had already been performed in South Korea, without incident (apparently). I hope that does not inhibit further performances of this, since this is one of the few operas I might attend.

Comment

Working...
      X