Thurs July 19 - 10pm: Whatever Happened to the Avant-Garde?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Thurs July 19 - 10pm: Whatever Happened to the Avant-Garde?

The RT blurb states:

Where can you go to find the avant-garde today? Does it still exist? Paul Morley meets artists, musicians, comedians and writers who think it still lives - just. With former head of Central St Martin's Willie Walters; pianist Steve Beresford, Gregor Muir, Tate's director of collection, international art; and ex-Gang of Four member Jon King. Evolutionary neuropsychologist Gilly Forrester throws some evolutionary bombshells into the debate.

Notwithstanding Steve Beresford's inclusion I don't hold out a lot of hope for this programme, particularly if Ms Forrester is brought onto deliver the final coup de grĂ¢ce (we've asked our gardener not to undertake the latter in this hot weather), telling us that capitalist realism is final - the outcome of millions of years of human evolution... But it could provide enough disputatious comment to ignite a healthy discussion on here.
    Last edited by Serial_Apologist; 19-07-18, 20:03. Reason: spelling errors
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Sorry if I dragged anyone else into this directionless hotch-potch of a programme.

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
      Sorry if I dragged anyone else into this directionless hotch-potch of a programme.
      Fortunately, I saw this too late. I wouldn't have held out much hope with Morley and a Go4 member involved, really. ( and I quite liked Go4, despite their lyrical clumsiness, but they didn't have much to do with anything AG, really.)
      Would have been nice to be wrong.

S_A, you should be ashamed of yourself ......

( Can we safely assume they didn't discover what happened to it ?)
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
        Fortunately, I saw this too late. I wouldn't have held out much hope with Morley and a Go4 member involved, really. ( and I quite liked Go4, despite their lyrical clumsiness, but they didn't have much to do with anything AG, really.)
        Would have been nice to be wrong.

S_A, you should be ashamed of yourself ......

( Can we safely assume they didn't discover what happened to it ?)
        I reckoned they avant garde a clue.

Ok I'm just going....

Comment

Working...
        X