No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hcmf 2018

Full programme is now online

Book tickets, view events and download the full 2018 programme for the Huddersfield Contemporary Music Festival - Friday 16 – Sunday 25 November 2018.

Some good things IMV (but i'm a little biased)

I have my tickets already

But the online booking facility has to be the most inept ever:

The whole Festival (all 60-odd events - and "all 60 odd-events" - are on a "single" page, with 12 events shown at a time. If you want to see event 13, you have to scroll down to the bottom of that list of twelve, click on "Load More" and wait whilst it loads the next 12 events. You want to find out about event 13? You click on the link, and read. Not interested? OK see what event 14 has to offer - but you can't just go back to the previous "page" (because it's all just one page, remember?) - so you're taken back to the very start, and you have to scroll down to the bottom of the first twelve again, click on "Load More" again and wait for the next twelve events to come up again - and then click on event 14.

There is no "Go To" facility - and anyone wanting tickets for the last three days' events has to scroll, load, and wait up to five times!!! And that's just to see what's on - to buy tickets involves even more fun and games - and with the added excitement of a twenty-minute time limit to "reserve" your order.

Fortunately, the Festival Staff are brilliant, and helped me out of my foetal-positioned gibberings and gave me the online equivalent of a nice cup of tea and some home-made biscuits. And I'm now really looking forward to it!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

The online programme is very clunky indeed this year
      I found the pdf version much better than the main site
      BUT looking forward to it also

Comment

This kind of clunky operation happens on too many websites. I find the best way round it is to set up the full list and then open the details in a separate tab by right-clicking. You can then return to the index very quickly by going back to the previous tab. (If the cookies are working properly you shouldn't lose your log-in between selections.)

Comment

Working...
        X