No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NMS, Sat 20/4/19; 10:00pm

Kate Molleson introduces:

Christopher Fox (b1955): This is the wind; Fidelio Piano Trio (World Premier)
    Pauline Oliveros (1932-2016): Trio for flute, piano and page turner; Manuel Zurria (flute), Mark Knoop (piano); ... and ... ?
    Eliane Radigue (b1932): Occam XVII; Dominic Lash (double bass)
    Per Nørgård (b1932): Symphony No.7; BBCSSO/Thomas Dausgaard

And another of Robert Worby's Composer Interviews, this time with Laurence Crane (b1961).

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

I'm enthusiastic about the Radigue, Oliveros, and Crane, and interested in the Norgard and Fox. I just hope that the presentation isn't as sickeningly patronising as his has been - last week's Play School delivery from Tom Service ("this is what you have to listen to, and this is how you have to respond to it") got me so angry, I couldn't pay attention to much of the Music itself.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
      I'm enthusiastic about the Radigue, Oliveros, and Crane, and interested in the Norgard and Fox. I just hope that the presentation isn't as sickeningly patronising as his has been - last week's Play School delivery from Tom Service ("this is what you have to listen to, and this is how you have to respond to it") got me so angry, I couldn't pay attention to much of the Music itself.
      Couldn't agree with you more, ferney. Does Mr.Service have a hidden agenda, or is he just out of control?

Comment

The premise of 'letting the music speak for itself' has been forgotten. Completely. If I've already made the decision to listen to the programme then I'm already committed, I don't need whipping up into a frenzy. Enough already TS!

Comment

Working...
        X