Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saunders, Fure, Nas, & Styles; NMS, Sat 1/6/19; 10:00pm

The works providing Tom Service with an opportunity to deliver his thoughts this week are

Rebecca Saunders(b1967) murmurs; BCMG/Julien Leroy (recorded at a concert given in the CBSO Centre on 21st March)
    Luke Styles(b1982): Memories Of A Foreign Land Called Home; Fidelio Piano Trio
    Mayke Nas(b1972): Down the Rabbit Hole; BBCSO/Jac van Steen
    Ashley Fure(b1982): Feed Forward; Ensemble Modern/Vimbayi Kaziboni

Plus some recent releases and Bill Wells (b1962) chats about the sound of the Tardis.

Saunders is always worth hearing, and murmurs from 2009 has already established itself in the repertoire of various ensembles across Europe [it's for nine players, grouped as a quintet with two duos]; Fure I think is one of the most interesting composers of her generation (sort of like Saunders but with sandpaper); I don't know Nas' work, and I've not been at all impressed by what I've heard of Styles' so far - but shall be listening to his piece with greater hope than expectation.

Featuring the best new music in live performance, plus interviews and features.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

I wonder how many, if any, of the works will be broadcast in full, rather merely in the extract?

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
      I wonder how many, if any, of the works will be broadcast in full, rather merely in the extract?
      There's no excuse for the "featured" works to be "extracted" - Saunders' is just under 20 minutes; Nas' is 12; Fure's 14, and Styles' 16 - under an hour's Music in total, giving TS plenty of time to tell us about it.

Comment

Ferney, there is no Rebecca Saunders thread on the composers sub forum.
        But you knew that , I guess.......
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

There should be, shouldn't there ...

Comment

Working...
          X