No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adam and Eve, Dead Time, Growing Block

5th September 2020

Kate Molleson presents the latest in new music performance, including recordings from two German festivals: last year's Donaueschingen Festival and this year's Witten New Music Days.
    Maja Ratkje: Paragraf 112
    Norwegian Radio Orchestra
    Sean Clancy: Monica danced with the moon
    Gordon Kampe: I forgot to remember to forget
    Neue Vocalsolisten
    Lucy Railton: Third Lament
    Lucy Railton (cello & electronics)
    Bunita Marcus: Adam and Eve
    Marcus and Company
    Bryn Harrison: Dead Time
    Wet Ink
    Sarah Hennies - Growing Block
    House of Bedlam
    Marc Andre: rwh 1
    Ensemble Resonanz.

I have not listened yet. I'll get it via Sounds, later, but am particularly interested in hearing Bunita Marcus's Adam and Eve.

Still Listening work in progress......but Bryn Harrison: Dead Time stood out....

Comment

It was an excellent programme.

Comment

I've just been reviewing a book for the Journal of Sound Studies about time in music coauthored by Bryn Harrison, a very interesting composer I think. In the book he writes principally about the experience of time in the music of Morton Feldman and James Saunders. Here's my review: https://www.researchcatalogue.net/view/558982/975958

Comment

Very interesting read thanks. I'm just wondering though about the mind of the listener. For example - with live improvisation, personally I'm so involved with what is happening at the moment, my 'listening ears' are so very different when listening to eg Feldman where the focus is forced to be slight changes within a mostly beautiful environment ( focussing on the piece of gravel slightly out of alignment in a Japanese garden - crippled symmetries ) Please forgive the crude analogy, just made in an effort to describe the difference.

I enjoy both and many more I don't attempt to bring it all into one universe because I can't explain it

Comment

Working...
          X