No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Have Nothing to Say and I Am Saying it

A refreshing new male voice on the New Music programmes, Stuart Maconie:

"In art, less is often more. Music in particular can be at its most transcendent, fascinating, beautiful and rewarding when it doesn’t over-adorn or over complicate. Over two episodes, broadcaster Stuart Maconie explores the ways composers have found inspiration in the principles of simplicity......"

Thanks for highlighting..will investigate...always drawn to art saying as much as possible with as little as possible......

listening to this a lot recently, excellent example.....

Listen to unlimited or download Time Zones by Lautten Compagney in Hi-Res quality on Qobuz. Subscription from £10.83/month.
    Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 16-11-20, 14:49.

Comment

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
      Thanks for highlighting..will investigate...always drawn to expressions saying as much as possible with as little as possible......

https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/ti.../rt2sei275apkb
      I have yet to listen to the programme but would recommend Howard Skempton's Preludes and Fugues. There is currently a 'CD' available, played on a piano, by William Howard. I eagerly await the projected recording, on the clavichord, by John Tilbury.

Comment

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
        Thanks for highlighting..will investigate...always drawn to art saying as much as possible with as little as possible......

https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/ti.../rt2sei275apkb
        Yes - Time Zones Lautten Compagney

Amazon Music have a free introductory offer, which I have accepted, and I was able to listen to this album from start to finish, without interruption. Although the individual tracks appear quite diverse, in fact I think it is necessary to listen to the entire album to catch the essence of what Lautten is up to.

As you say, saying as much as possible with as little as possible. But there are degrees of simplicity - not every one wants to go the whole hog with John Cage.

Comment

Working...
        X