Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contemporary choral composition

Hear and Now fans may be interested in comments on The Choir thread about Caroline Shaw. Do please contribute if you have things to add!

I assume that you know about Ora Singers, who commission lots of material (some of which the choir I belong(ed) to in York has sung). Their CDs are listed on their website.

My partner gave a donation to the choir (here in York; not Ora) to commission three pieces for us.
    We were about to perform the first in March 2020 when everything ground to a halt.
    It is now scheduled for a concert in April 2022 (fingers crossed), and we hope soon to launch a search for young composers for the remaining two works, in collaboration with the University of York.

PS: Oops! I might have misread the thread title as commissions (or even competitions), but I'll let my post stand anyway!
    Last edited by Pulcinella; 02-05-21, 13:59. Reason: PS added, then further clarification of who the commissions are for!

Comment

Yes please let it stand. All in favour of music being commissioned by choirs and by all groups for that matter.

Comment

Working...
      X