Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patoral theatrics.

A fun Hear & Now last night. Tom Johnson's Narayana’s Cows put me in mind of Rzewski's Les Moutons de Panurge, and it was good to hear Kagel's Kantrimusik in a performance other than that on CD, but what a pity the iPlayer team yet again made a mess of their job by truncating Kantrimusik and sticking the end of it on the start of the Early Music Show. This all too frequent iPlayer cock-up regarding Hear & Now programmes was made all the worse by the fact that while they allowed over double the scheduled time for Pre-Hear, and an extra 10 minutes for the Early Music Show, Hear & Now was only allotted its scheduled 90 minute, so its delayed start enforced the truncation. When, oh when are the iPlayer team gong to get their act together re. Radio 3's occasional drifts from scheduled timings?

Agreed Bryn, an enjoyable Hear and Now. I find I am now quite happy to play "new" music partly in the background while doing something else, but still extract something from it. So I must really have crossed the Rubicon.

Comment

Working...
    X