No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by antongould View Post
    N

Tweaking a very little bit and not adding Skellers to the rota IMVVHO ......
    You mean you can't really spot the join. I'd like to see the average length of piece being 10 minutes - then we would see a difference and hear less twitting.

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
      You mean you can't really spot the join. I'd like to see the average length of piece being 10 minutes - then we would see a difference and hear less twitting.

Other than the dropping of the pseudo news on the quarter hour and the phone requests - I see no real difference - ff's vast body of research supports this ..... BUT it is still nowhere near as bad as CFM IMVVHO .....

Comment

BUT it is still nowhere near as bad as CFM IMVVHO .....
        I'm not sure that even the Controller of Radio 3 would find that a ringing endorsement.

No two programmes are identical (how could they be?) but pointing out the differences and ignoring the similarities altogether is fairly typical of the BBC's standard uncritical viewpoint. The repertoire overlap is still large.
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

..... BUT it is still nowhere near as bad as CFM IMVVHO .....
          I agree, but it's a sorry state of affairs that comparisons are being made and not immediately dismissed as being pointless as the two are so different....

I'm not sure that even the Controller of Radio 3 would find that a ringing endorsement.
          Well he wouldn't be short of advice to rectify the situation - and no need to spend precious funds to get it!
          Apologies but I am still learning how to do the various permutations of quotes in posts, hence lack of attribution above

Comment

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
            I agree, but it's a sorry state of affairs that comparisons are being made and not immediately dismissed as being pointless as the two are so different....
            IOW, the same but better …
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
              No not at all. I'm afraid I didn't phrase the post very well. I was meaning that if R3 was doing what it should be doing then it would be pointless making comparisons between the two because they would be two completely different animals, as they were when CFM started. I find it sad that R3 has deteriorated,with chattering classes presenters and sound bite musical offerings, to the extent that comparisons can now be made.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                What's the Isle of Wight to do with it?

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                  What's the Isle of Wight to do with it?
                  Isle of Wight is IoW, not IOW :-P

Comment

Working...
                  X