X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Byas'd Opinion
    • Jun 2024

JRR 12.iii.2011 George Shearing Special Programme

Note that it's on at 9.30pm tomorrow, and it's a George Shearing special. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00zddfl
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

... and a fine playlist it is too, covers off the jazz very well and leaves Hollywood well alone

thanks for spotting and pointing it out Byas'd
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Alyn_Shipton
      • Nov 2010

The first of the next run of Jazz Library repeats will be the George Shearing edition done for his 90th birthday. It's due to go out at midnight on the first Saturday in April.

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Note also JRR is scheduled to start at 9.30pm next Saturday (19th) too.
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Norfolk Born

I listened to JRR last night - I never realized what a hugely talented and EXTREMELY WITTY artist George Shearing was! For me, the highlight in a programme that didn't have a duff note in it was his 'duet' with Mel Torme. Oddly enough, just before tuning to JRR, I'd been listening to some of Dudley Moore's pianistic antics in 'Beyond The Fringe' - also very witty and very well played.

Comment

Working...
          X