Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodbye Hello Jass boreds

following the imminent demise of the Radio 3 boards (RIP) I have now "jumped ship" before it sinks. So am looking forward to posting more jass-related items on this lifeboat.
    Many thanks to whoever took the trouble to set it up.

Hellooo there - I think you already have some potential company, so here's to the anarchy.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

yus i am company!
      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Good to have you on bored CDJ!

Comment

Greetings from across the pond, Calum and (new) friends on this jazz forum. Calum, I think I will look forward to using this particular forum as the other alternative to Radio 3 seems kinda incestuous...

Comment

Hi Chas, i am too old to throw anything but flowers at anything .... and even that has ceased to work on the ladies!

..it would be fun if KK and mr i could find their way here as well as all the other chums ...
            According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Maybe we need to lure them across with mentions of how rubbish that improvised stuff is and how the politically correct form is trad...

Comment

Pacific Time zone here...was anticipating a Titantic moment over there...

[Jazz Programs] DELETED

Send In The Clowns...

Comment

hi Chas, in an instant it was all white ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2A3bYmXkz0

Comment

Spookily kind of funny that KK literally did have the last word on the R3 bored ('Hen House' thread) which is still there, although other threads have been whited out. Maybe he'll come and visit us here?

Comment

The VERY VERY strange thing was that he got the last word on the Cheers thread too....HE IS ALWAYS LURKING....and even sometimes posts in white....

Charles I just emailed you ....thinking you had not signed up...

....having trouble due to DysX sorting my colours and etc....please excuse....

bong ching

Comment

Kenny definitely has Wizardability! "Merlin the Magician. He was chief counsel to King Arthur. He is modeled after a legendary Druid priest. He was trapped forever in his crystal cave by the woman he loved, Morgana the wicked witch..."

So let's see. no {known} crystal cave in London? Maybe he resides on the grounds of the former Crystal Palace...yea, that'll work. Morgana (voluntarily) chained to her cell phone nearby. Keeps getting better and better...

Comment

I thought the messageboard ended in a very appropriate fashion. It was poetic justice that King KennyTone should have the last word and appropriate the one of the threads should involve Trevor letting off full steam about his lack of enthusiasm for NYJO. Kind of neatly summarised my expeirence of that board over the last 6 years.

Hopefully yhe spirit and depth of knowledge will spill over here but there doesn't appear to be too many takers of yet. Are they on the R3OK forum ? That one seems to have ground to a halt!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Thumwood View Post
                            Hopefully yhe spirit and depth of knowledge will spill over here but there doesn't appear to be too many takers of yet.
                            There are probably a round dozen, Ian, of regulars and less regulars, with some like LRT and grippie not having posted yet. A few changed names too, I think ...
                            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

French Frank

Thanks.

Wonder who is here the? What about Serial Apologist, Bluesnik and Bruce?

Trevor will arrive sooner or later - the tempatation will be too great for him.

Comment

Working...
                              X