Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barbara Thompson is 70

I'm sure fellow boredees would like to join me in wishing brave Barbara a very happy day tomorrow 27th, (or today if youre reading this on Sunday). She soldiers on through the Parkinsons, and was in good spirits for a celebratory party at her and Jon's place this afternoon, playing 3 numbers with Paraphernalia and enjoying Kurt Weill settings by herself and others played by Trish Clowes and a string quartet.

Puts my pessimism right in proportion, she does.

Oh, and the nosh and the booze was good too!

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
    I'm sure fellow boredees would like to join me in wishing brave Barbara a very happy day tomorrow 27th, (or today if youre reading this on Sunday). She soldiers on through the Parkinsons, and was in good spirits for a celebratory party at her and Jon's place this afternoon, playing 3 numbers with Paraphernalia and enjoying Kurt Weill settings by herself and others played by Trish Clowes and a string quartet.

Puts my pessimism right in proportion, she does.

Oh, and the nosh and the booze was good too!
    Amen to all that SA.

VERY best to Barbara and Jon.

Barbara's Song.

"I used to believe in the days I was pure
    And I was pure like you used to be
    My wonderful someone will come to me
    someday and then it will all depend on me
    If he’s a fine man, if he’s a rich man,
    Wears a fine cravat, smokes a cigar
    And if he’s gallant and treats me like a lady
    then I shall tell him
    Sorry" - Threepenny Opera.

BN.

Comment

Happy Birthday, Lady Hiseman - amongst her other roles/achievements over the years I remember her as a member of the Keef Hartley Big Band!

Comment

and another amen to that S_A!
        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Barbara Thompson autobiog due out late summer

News just in on the Jazz in Britain site.

Not sure if I can reproduce the facebook link - or even that I should - but the link below that is to the Temple Music site, where an earlier outline to her narrative can be found.

Discography | Compositions July 27th 1944     Born Barbara Gracey Thompson in Oxford, England . Her father, David Richard Thompson, was the Registrar of the Court of Criminal Appeal,  and his father, William Thompson was an accomplished pianist.  Her grandmother  on her mother’s side, was also an accomplished cellist.  Bosworth, the famous music publishing company, was …
          Last edited by Serial_Apologist; 18-02-20, 17:57. Reason: Inserted "earlier"

Comment

Thanks, S_A. The FB link works, but as I am not a Zuckerberger I am unable to register my interest.

I trust you will keep us posted.

OG

Comment

Working...
            X