X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pianorak
    • Nov 2010

Piazzolla anyone? - anyone?

Thumbs down from the Classical Brigade - thought I'd try it here with my Jazbo friends

La Muerte del Ángel - (Astor Piazzolla) Cesar Olguin & Cuarteto Latinoamericano. Saul Bitran (1er.Violin) - Aron Bitran (2do.Violin) - Javier Montiel (Viola)...
    Last edited by Pianorak; 27-03-11, 19:11.
    My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

i find his music entrancing if i am in the right mood pianorak ...Gary Burton is a big fan too
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Pianorak
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
      i find his music entrancing if i am in the right mood pianorak ...Gary Burton is a big fan too
      Hooray, no outright rejection than! - & thanks for the GB link.
      My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• charles t
        • Nov 2010

Did you get the name of the angel who died?

[Isn't that an oxymoron?]

Comment

• Pianorak
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by charles t View Post
          Did you get the name of the angel who died?

[Isn't that an oxymoron?]
          It's an unnamed angel - who gets resurrected in the third and final piece (Resurreción del ángel)

Comment

• hmvman
            • Mar 2007

I don't give Piazzolla the thumbs down although I do recall getting a bit fed up when CD Review seemed to be obsessed with him a few years ago. Recently, our choir has been singing some arrangements of La Muerte del Angel and Libertango. Great fun!

Comment

• Chris Newman
              Late Member
              • Nov 2010

A few months back a local chamber orchestra treated us to Piazzolla's Bandoneon Concerto, a little gem.

Astor Piazzolla plays PiazzollaBandoneon ConcertoI.-Allegro MarcatoDas Kölner Rundfunk-OchesterPinchas Steinberg, Conductor

The young man who played it used an Accordian which sounded pretty authentic to me. It got a very enthusiastic reception. Quite right too.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                • Nov 2010

I have had my misgivings about Piazzolla over the years but I have come to like some of his music and appreciate his individual voice. A couple of recent experiences have contributed here. We went to Buenos Aires last year and experienced the Tango music in situ and a few weeks ago we saw the Bandoneon Concerto in a virtuoso performance with Pablo Mainetti at the Barbican a few weeks ago in a very enjoyable Spanish/Latin-American programme under Josep Pons and the BBC Symphony.

Comment

Working...
                X