• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

JLU 3.iv.11 [Lonnie Smith; Nikki Iles]

session from Hammond Organist Dr Lonnie Smith and tracks from Nikki Iles and John Martin inter alia ...
    Last edited by aka Calum Da Jazbo; 03-04-11, 11:29.
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.
  • Byas'd Opinion

It's actually Dr Lonnie Smith, not Lonnie Liston Smith.

Review of the gig here: http://www.heraldscotland.com/arts-e...rket-1.1037584

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

thanks for the correction Byas'd i have corrected the header and post ..... ah well
      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Byas'd Opinion

An easy mistake to make. For years I thought they were the same person.

The Lonnie Smith session has the added bonus of Jonathan Kreisberg on guitar.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

i listened this afternoon, not my bag really .... well half listened ... was busy but it didn't catch my attention that much ...

liked him more the second time around but still does not seem all that special to me, mixing SUn Ra and smooth soul sounds good in chat or on paper but it makes for a rather incoherent music ...guitarist was interesting ...

really like the Nikki Iles track .....
          Last edited by aka Calum Da Jazbo; 05-04-11, 01:04. Reason: listened again

Comment

Working...
          X