X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

well it was still a fine programme and a privilege to hear Mr Griffin talk ... some suggestions there for the feedback programme i think ...
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
      • Dec 2010

"These guys (Elmo Hope, Bud Powell, Monk) were like triplets,” Griffin says. "They loved each other and they were always at one another’s houses. So much respect. So much music. For some strange reason, they adopted me, and that’s how I got my education. For instance, we’d all go to Monk’s when he was rehearsing his band with Ernie Henry and the cats from Brooklyn. I heard so much music, it stayed with me forever. They didn’t give me any instruction, they just played."

So much MORE than "speed".

All my comments on this bored are now subject to a super-injunction and PCC prior approval.

Respect.

BN.

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
        • Dec 2010

Closing thought (hold that 'junction)

The programmes are billed as Jazz Library - a "library" overview/career introduction to each artist. However, when they are structured around an interview (however interesting or personal) they become something else again and take on the contours and focus of that interview.

Possibly cut some slack in the taped (spoken) material and allude to the range of work otherwise available? Or bill it as "Jazz Interview".

BN. (In court/banged up/hard labour).

Comment

Working...
        X