X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jazzrook
    • Mar 2011

Ran Blake & Anthony Braxton

Anthony Braxton has always been something of a blind spot for me but I was bowled over recently by a 1988 duet album with pianist Ran Blake featuring 8 standards & classics ~ 'A Memory of Vienna'(hatOLOGY). Some absolutely stunning playing from Braxton(on alto) & Blake and it swings!
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

yep Jazzrook i have that album and got it because i am a Ran Blake nut .... it is awfully hard to get hold of, or was .... do you know of any accessible and legal opportunities for jazbos to acquire said charmer?
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Jazzrook
      • Mar 2011

A 2010 reissue is available via Amazon, calum ~ £14.04 & worth every penny!

Comment

• Jazzrook
        • Mar 2011

Calum ~ Just discovered it's also available from hmv.com ~ £10.99!

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

...we are blessed! it is a definitive piece of work in its own corner of the field .... well done jazzrook and thanks for lighting it up for us ...

here is a track for those unfamiliar with the work
          According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Working...
          X