Toussaint goes marching home as Patchwork Revolution loops the corn.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Toussaint goes marching home as Patchwork Revolution loops the corn.

Sat 16 March
    No JRR this week

4pm - J to Z
    Jumoké Fashola presents a live session from Leeds by the Patchwork Jazz Orchestra - a 17-piece reimagining of progressive big-band jazz including saxophonists Sam Rapley and Alex Hitchcock, bassist Misha Mullov-Abbado and guitarist Rob Luft. Veteran jazz vocalist and scat innovator Sheila Jordan is the singer who Charlie Parker said had "million dollar ears". She shares music and stories from her illustrious career. Plus classic tracks and new releases.

17-piece Patchwork Jazz Orchestra live in concert. Plus, vocal great Sheila Jordan.

12midnight - Geoffrey Smith's Jazz
    A tribute to superstar singer and formidable musician Nat "King" Cole, born 100 years ago today in Montgomery, Alabama. Geoffrey Smith surveys his early keyboard hits, which inspired Oscar Peterson, Diana Krall and many others.

A celebration of Nat "King" Cole the pianist, on the day of his centenary

It doesn't say this is a repeat.

Mon 18 March
    11pm - Jazz Now

Soweto Kinch presents a concert by François Corneloup's quintet Revolution, as well as the latest music from BBC Introducing.

Soweto Kinch presents the Francois Corneloup Quintet in concert.

BBC2 - Tues 19 March
    9pm - Jamie Cullum

New and classic jazz recordings. Plus studio guests, tonight with American saxophonist Jean Toussaint discussing his favourite classic and contemporary jazz recordings.
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

- many thanks, S_A (though I'm a bit concerned: you've got Hitchcock, and someone who worked with Charlie Parker, but didn't go for the pun: too onvious, or are you feeling off-colour this week? )
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
      - many thanks, S_A (though I'm a bit concerned: you've got Hitchcock, and someone who worked with Charlie Parker, but didn't go for the pun: too onvious, or are you feeling off-colour this week? )

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
        Gone fishin'
        • Sep 2011

Hitchcock - Bird ---
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
        X