X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friselled, then Galvinized

Sat 7 Dec
    5pm - J to Z

Julian Joseph presents a session by New York-based piano trio the Bad Plus, who combines avant-garde jazz with aspects of pop and rock. They perform from their new album, Activate Infinity. And jazz guitarist Bill Frisell shares tracks that have inspired him, including music by Bob Dylan and Keith Jarrett.

Er - shouldn't that be "who combine" - i.e. singular?? One maybe for Pedant's Corner. Oh and by the way The Bad Plus now have a new pianist who, to judge by the track broadcast a few weeks ago, is much better - in my view, of course.

Live music from the US piano trio and guitar great Bill Frisell shares inspiring tracks.

12midnight - Freeness
    Corey Mwamba presents jazz and improvised music with an adventurous spirit. Featuring an improvised performance by pianist Eliot Galvin recorded live in Paris, an oboe and double bass duet played by Melinda Maxwell and Sebastiano Dessanay, and music by instrument builder Vicgtor Gama.

Eliot Galvin - British jazz's answer to Harry Potter ? - see photograph. On the Sounds page it states that Mr Gama employs a 40 metre-long stringed instrument - wouldn't fit into my parlour. Anyway they'll all soon be needing passports and work passes...

Corey Mwamba presents with a solo piano improvisation by Elliot Galvin.

Sun 8 Dec
    4pm - Jazz Record Requests

Well, it is good to know you have a parlour, S_A...

... I'm glad at least some standards are being maintained in post-apostrophic Britain!

OG

Comment

Originally posted by Old Grumpy View Post
      Well, it is good to know you have a parlour, S_A...

... I'm glad at least some standards are being maintained in post-apostrophic Britain!

OG
      I don't have a parlour maid, though!

Comment

Jay to Zee (or as Bill Frisell prefers to call it, J to Z ) was I thought excellent today. Well done guys! The (new) Bad Plus is/was, as I had hoped with the new pianist Orrin Evans - who is really, really good, a great improvement on the old one - none of the old bombast.

Comment

Freeness - nice programme. But Trevor Watts forever OTT for me.

Comment

Working...
          X